If you want to create an annotation in virtual reality beyond the preset annotations, you can use the speech-to-text annotation tool.
Speech-to-text transcribes what you're saying to the text of the annotation. If you are unhappy with the transcription, you can easily retry. Each annotation is 5-seconds long.
In a meeting, only the host has annotation placing permission. All guests are limited to viewing the annotations, and downloading the pdf. They are unable to place their own.
Steps to Create a Speech-to-Text Annotation
- First, open up your VR Menu by clicking "Create"
- Click on "Create Annotation"
- Click "Start Recording" and speak loudly and clearly. You have 5 seconds to record, meaning your speech-to-text annotation won't be too long, and you'll want to keep it concise.
- Once you're done speaking, or if the recording time runs out, it will process for a few seconds and then create an annotation transcribing what you said.
- If you're happy with the annotation, click "Place Annotation" and it will appear in your model for you to move around and place as you like.
- While our speech-to-text system can pick up most words easily, there are some words it may have difficulty with such as words that sound very similar to other words, words with multiple meanings, etc. It's very important to speak clearly and enunciate your words to lessen the chance you will be transcribed incorrectly. When having trouble, try changing up your vocabulary: for example, saying "kitchen sink" instead of faucet.
- Check to make sure your headset either has a built-in mic, or you have headphones with mic attached, before trying to record an annotation. If you don't have a mic, there's no way for our app to hear you! That's no good, so make sure you have a mic. Use our audio settings if you need to switch which mic is active.
- If you have a lot of trouble having your speech transcribed correctly, you can edit your annotation using the annotations bar in the desktop application.
Supported Languages: Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Francais, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Portugues, Soumalainen, Svenska, 日本語
Edit or Delete Annotations
To edit or delete annotations you've placed in VR, you'll need to remove your VR headset for a moment and use the desktop application. Open the annotation bar at the bottom of the screen, and click on the annotation you want to edit or delete using the mouse, and you'll see this box pop-up:
Click the small pencil icon to edit the annotation, or the trashcan to delete it.
Exporting to PDF
You can save your annotations (both preset and speech-to-text) as a PDF that will show in chronological order all annotations that were placed in a model and by whom, as well as a screenshot of what the user was looking at when they placing the annotation.
You can find this on the desktop application in the annotations bar next to the "Preset" button: